Brighton Rocks Film Festival
Submissions are open 1 September 2020 - 21 June 2021
Submissions to Brighton Rocks 2021 can be made through FilmFreeway.
The deadlines are as follows:
1 October If ... (Super Earlybird) deadline
1 November The Wicker Man deadline
1 December Withnail & I deadline
1 January The Man Who Fell to Earth deadline
1 February Call Me By Your Name deadline
1 March Blow-Up deadline
1 April The Life of Brian deadline
1 May Quadrophenia deadline
1 June Brighton Rock (Final) deadline
21 June Frenzy (Final Extended) deadline
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS will be notified throughout the year.
FINALISTS will be announced on 23 June and WINNERS on 4 July.
The Best Film will be revealed at the Festival 24-25 July 2021.
Rules & Terms
- Short Film Categories: ANIMATION, BRIGHTON FILM, COMEDY, DOCUMENTARY (SHORT), DRAMA, EXPERIMENTAL FILM, FANTASY/HORROR/SCI-FI, NO/LOW-BUDGET SHORT, LGBTQ+ FILM, MICRO MOVIE, MUSIC VIDEO & STUDENT FILM.
- Feature Film Categories: FICTION (ALL GENRES) & DOCUMENTARY
- Official Selections receive a BRIGHTON ROCKS OFFICIAL SELECTION LAUREL and are eligible for festival screenings.
- Category Winners and Invited Finalists receive a FESTIVAL SCREENING.
- Finalists are eligible for the following awards: BEST ACTOR, ACTRESS, CINEMATOGRAPHY, DIRECTOR, EDITING, ORIGINAL SCORE, MISE-EN-SCENE, SCREENPLAY, SPECIAL EFFECTS & BRIGHTON SPIRIT AWARD.
- There will be one BEST FILM.
- There will be one BEST FEATURE FILM (FICTION).
- There will be one BEST FEATURE FILM (DOCUMENTARY).
Runtime must be less than 30 minutes (except Micro Movies).
Feature Film (Fiction)
Runtime must be more than 30 minutes (generally 45-120 minutes). All genres are admissible.
Feature Film (Documentary)
Runtime must be more than 30 minutes (generally 45-120 minutes).
NB. No/Low-Budget means films produced for less than £1000.
NB. Made in Brighton Films must have at least 2 scenes shot/set in Brighton.
NB. Micro Movies must have a runtime of less than 4 minutes, including credits.
NB. Student Films' director and at least one other crew member must be in full-time education.