Hastings Rocks Film Festival
Submissions to Hastings Rocks can be made through FilmFreeway
The deadlines are as follows:
15 September: The Birds
10 October: The Blair Witch Project
31 October: Night of the Living Dead
21 November: Suspiria
15 December: Black Christmas
10 January: Don't Look Now
31 January: The Shining
20 February: The Rocky Horror Show
12 March: Rosemary's Baby
1 April: The Wicker Man
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS will be notified throughout the year.
FINALISTS will be announced on 3 April 2022. WINNERS will be revealed at the festival, 22-24 April 2022.
Rules & Terms
- Films that fit Hastings Rocks’ ethos will be awarded Official Selection status. Finalists and Winners will be designated in each submission category.
- All OFFICIAL SELECTIONS, FINALIST & WINNING Short Films will be screened at our ANNUAL FESTIVAL on 22-24 April 2022.
- HONOURABLE MENTION OFFICIAL SELECTIONS will receive an ONLINE SHOWCASING at the ROCKS SCREENING ROOM.
- There will be one BEST FEATURE FILM (FICTION) & one BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY.
- There will be WINNERS in each of the following Short Film Categories: ANIMATION, COMEDY, DOCUMENTARY, DRAMA, EXPERIMENTAL FILM, FANTASY, FILM NOIR, HORROR, LGBTQ+, MADE IN HASTINGS, MICRO-BUDGET FILM, MICRO MOVIE, MUSIC VIDEO, SCI-FI & STUDENT FILM.
- Official Selections are automatically considered for the following awards:
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, DIRECTOR, EDITING, ORIGINAL SCORE, PERFORMANCE (up to 3 awards), SCREENPLAY, SET DESIGN, SPECIAL EFFECTS & THE SPIRIT OF HASTINGS AWARD.