Los Angeles Rocks Film Festival
Submissions to Los Angeles Rocks can be made through FilmFreeway
The deadlines are as follows:
31 August Jackie Brown deadline
30 September The Long Goodbye deadline
31 October Night of the Living Dead deadline
29 November All the President’s Men deadline
31 December City Lights deadline
31 January Mulholland Drive deadline
28 February Harold & Maud deadline
31 March Point Break deadline
21 April All About Eve (Final) deadline
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS will be notified throughout the year.
FINALISTS will be announced on/before 1 May 2021 and WINNERS on
7 May. Other awards, including BEST FILM, will be revealed at the Festival 28-29 May 2021.
Rules & Terms
- Films that fit LA Rocks’ ethos will be awarded Official Selection status. Finalists and Winners will be designated in each submission category.
- Selected Finalist & Winning Short Films will be screened at our ANNUAL FESTIVAL in Hollywood 28-29 May 2021.
- Official Selections may receive a VIRTUAL SCREENING (at the ROCKS SCREENING ROOM™) & ONLINE SHOWCASING.
- There will be one BEST FILM.
- There will be one BEST FEATURE FILM (FICTION) & one BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY.
- There will be WINNERS in each of the following Short Film Categories: ANIMATION, COMEDY, CORONADIARIES, DOCUMENTARY, DRAMA, EXPERIMENTAL FILM, FANTASY/HORROR/SCI-FI, NO/LOW-BUDGET, LGBTQ+, MADE IN LOS ANGELES, MICRO MOVIE, MUSIC VIDEO, STUDENT FILM & WEB SERIES.
- Official Selections are automatically considered for the following awards: BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, DIRECTOR, EDITING, ORIGINAL SCORE, PERFORMANCE (up to 3 awards), SCREENPLAY, SET DESIGN, SPECIAL EFFECTS & LA SPIRIT AWARD.
Runtime must be less than 30 minutes (except Micro Movies).
Made in LA
Feature Film (Fiction)
Runtime must be more than 30 minutes (generally 45-150 minutes). All genres are admissible.
Feature Film (Documentary)
Runtime must be more than 30 minutes (generally 45-150 minutes).
NB. Made in LA Films must have at least 2 scenes set in Los Angeles.
NB. No/Low-Budget means films produced for less than $2000.
NB. Micro Movies must have a runtime of less than 4 minutes, including credits.
NB. Student Films' director and at least one other crew member must be in full-time education.